Tuesday, September 23, 2008

one week later

Well sorry for the late update, i had one hell of a crazy week. last week my buddy got into a bicycle accident, he is fine, he only had a concussion and several cuts and scrapes. So being a good friend I took over his shift at work. And boy was it an interesting night.

The One that got away.

I was outside doing ID check when I saw a cop pull up behind a guy and turn on his lights. So what does the guy do? He goes to pull into a parking garage (which was what he was doing before the cop showed up) presses the button, gate goes up he gets in. Cop pulls up to the gate, gate comes down, and the big neon sign flashes FULL. The cop kept hitting the button to get the gate open but alas it didnt work. Twas hilarous

Drunken Annoying

I had a girl walk up to the front door and I asked for her ID. She started looking through her purse but alas couldnt find it. She started freaking out then looked at me and said she'll be right back. An hour goes by. Girl comes back. Again I ask for her ID, and again she starts freaking out. At this point her high pitch whines are starting to get to me. She said she'll give me her purse, or her check book and even a kiss to let her in: No no and no. So finally our regular cop walks up to our bar. He frequently comes to check on our bar, make sure everything is in order and that no one underage is inside. So i look at the cop and said "hey he can verify your ID" knowing that the cop will hopefully be able to get rid of her. So the cop asks the girl whats wrong and the girl goes on her whining tiriad of "my roomates have my ID so they wont let me in" so the cop asks, "well how old are you?" The girl replied "twenty". Well that just sealed the deal and sure enough the cop got her to leave. How police officers have zen like patience i will never know.

Weekend's suck

Yeah Friday and Saturday sucked, we were packed and understaffed. We got out at 4am each night, thats pushing it even for me. The only interesting thing that happened over the weekend was the fact that I made a girl cry. No, not because I insulted her or acted like an ass. She was crying because I told her she was too drunk to get into the bar. Of course upon hearing that she started whimpering and tearing up. While she was whimpering i was trying not to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation.

I have to work tomarrow night even though i have loads of studying I need to get done. Oh well could be worse. Also I cannot express this enough, when you ride your bike please please please wear a helmet, if my buddy wasnt wearing his helmet when he got into the crash, well to put it bluntly he would not be here with us today.

No comments: