Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bumrushed by Democrats

It's election season, which is my least favorite time of the year. For 3 months people will do nothing but bitch and complain about politics, the candidates argue over issues that are completely irrelevant and not important to the general public, and worstley, the celebrities start to pitch in and voice their choices. Now celebrities have a right to complain about politics and debate certain issues, but I don't think they should push their views and opinions on others using the "ho ho im a celebrity i say vote for this person and you should cause you love me ho ho ho" scheme. Now I'm on the fence on who I'm going to vote for, but lets just say today I may have made up my mind.

I had the glorious oppertunity today of doing dress code instead of security managment. Dress code is were I stand outside with the ID checker and tell people they cant come in, because they are either too drunk or dont go with the dress code. Buisness was slow as usual till I heard that two celebrities were coming into the bar to promote Obama. One of the celebrities was a former star of one of my favorite shows so I honestly thought this was a big deal. ( Sadly I did not get to meet or see him) So here i was standing outside with the ID checker and my manager. Suddenly 4 people from the obama campaign went walking by, followed by one of my servers. I looked at the server and said, "what are you doing out here?" and he replied "they walked out on their tab!" and hurried off to chase them down. So that sealed the deal, If the presidents campaign workers walk out on their tabs, then what says that their president doesnt walk out on his tabs too? So I guess I know who I'm gonna vote for now ;)

So some time passes and the celebrities leave. My ID checker had to take a piss so I was the only one outside to check ID's and enforce the dress code. I wasnt nervous at all until this happened. A group of 10 girls ran up to me, asking if Adam was still there (Adam was the celebrity). I told them that he left about a half hour ago. So up walks one of my bartenders to help promote the club, all of a sudden one of the girls yells "is that Adam? I think thats Adam" pointing to the bartender. Next thing you know I got 10 girls trying to plow me over to get to my bartender, I did my best to stop them but sadly nothing worked. I just got tossed aside like a rag doll while the girls ran at my bartender. That was the first moment I have ever felt nervous at work. Not when the sober guy threatened to kill me, not when the one asshole said he had a gun, no I was nervous because 10 drunk girls decided to rush me all at the same time.

Lastly. Drunk people smoking, almost as funny as drunk people trying to read, accept not as sad.

No comments: